Black outs.

note: I've decided to give all the characters in my posts pseudo names, just in case people decide to start reading my blogs on a regular basis.


I attempted to leave the house this morning and actually socialize with the outside world. I convinced myself that I no longer needed my medicine and could handle the pain in my neck without pain killers. Clark Kent asked me to go watch the games with him at a sports bar so I groggily threw some clothes on at 10 AM (that's very early for me on a weekend) and drove along with him. Within five minutes of entering the bar I realized that I was not ready to stop taking my meds. My neck was sore and I couldn't turn my neck much. The only comfortable position for my head was looking down at the floor. It's very difficult to watch football when all you can look at is the table in front of you. Nevertheless, I tried to stick to my guns and not take my pills and since I was not going to drug myself I figured it would be ok to have one drink. Well.... I was wrong. It took me more than twenty minutes to finish my drink and by the time the glass was empty I started dozing off at the table. I guess my body just was not ready for alcohol consumption. Needless to say I was kind of a drag at the bar. Poor Clark had to take me back to the apartment during the 4th quarter of the Jets -Titans game because I was sore and sleepy. When I got home I had some lunch and proceeded to take my pills. Another bad idea. I thought I was fine hanging out on the bed with my laptop looking at blogger layouts, then I decided to stand up. The minute I got out of bed the blood rushed to my head and everything went black. I didn't faint but this kept happening every time I stood up for about an hour. The last time it happened my heart started racing and I felt like I was going to throw up. Looks like I'm part of the 1% of patients that has side effects like that. I guess I'm going to have to deal with the pain from now on. I should have just stuck with my original plan to not take my pills today.

On another note, I still have not been able to speak with the adjuster for my accident. I hate insurance companies.

Last word... I think Mark Sanchez is now on my list of favorite football players (even though he fumbled the ball quite a few times today).

2 comments:



Obey the Jay said...

Man that must have been a bummer. Yah pain killers and just not good for people. All they are is just a smaller dose of Morphine which is like taking Heroin. I hope your doing alright now Frances. :)

franki_vee said...

Thank you. Still in pain, but I'm boycotting the pain killers. It's going alright.

Post a Comment