Car Shopping


It's official, my little Honda is gone forever. I know I've been saying that I want a new car for months, but this wasn't exactly what I meant. Right now I don't know how much I'm going to get in the settlement, but hopefully it's enough to put $10,000 down on a car and still have a couple of hundred left to pay my rent. The Mini Cooper has been my dream car for years but as Clark pointed out earlier, Mini Cooper is owned by BMW and maintenance on BMW's is expensive. I could barely afford the maintenance on my Civic, so it looks like the mini is going to have to wait a few more years. Bummer. I'm thinking I'll probably end up getting a really pimped out Civic EX (with satellite navigation system built in yeaaaaa), a pimped out Yaris (not quite as snazzy), or a Corolla (I don't really like the rear lights on Corolla's though).

I got my rental car today. For the next couple of weeks I'm going to be rolling in a red 2009 Pontiac G6. It's actually a really nice car. Too bad they don't make it anymore because I was really feeling the interior.

Tomorrow I go back to school. On my first day back I get to look forward to a test in nonverbal communication, turning in an assignment (that I haven't even looked at) for interpretative literature, and a journal response for hip hop criticism (that I have yet to start). Basically, I should be doing homework right now and not blogging, but I'm hungry and have no food or money so I decided to distract myself instead.

I didn't hear from the lady I interviewed with on Friday. I was on drugs at the time so I'm assuming she wasn't very impressed with my answers to her questions. I'm not super informed on environmental issues so I probably wouldn't have been the best intern anyway, but I really need an internship asap. Graduation is getting closer every day and I am becoming increasingly scared about my job opportunities after graduation.

In other news, I noticed I actually have follows now... this is kind of amazing to me. Complete strangers are actually interested in reading about my life. I guess I'm going to have to start coming up with insightful and witty things to say.


help me finance my new car go to Brown Bag Party and buy something.... or book a party with me. I'm super entertaining, I promise.

4 comments:



rachaelgking said...

Make that THREE follows! ;-)

Carrie said...

Luck with finding a new car! Mine was totaled last year, and being a sophomore in college I don't exactly the the funds for something nice. I'm stuck with something dreadful now. Hopefully you'll have a much better experience. :)

Love the blog, and thanks so much for stopping by mine and adding me to your blog-roll. :)

Jenn said...

I love that you were on drugs during your interview. Now what KIND of drugs might be the question I am curious about... ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my "Sad Panda" blog entry. It means a lot! :)

~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)

franki_vee said...

I was on a combo of muscle relaxers and prescription pain killers. When she was talking to me it was like she was going in slow motion.

Post a Comment